The privilege of being a Downs Club member extends beyond the Toowoomba boundaries. Being a Club member means you have access to a worldwide network of similar private clubs, often centrally located, of historical significance and superbly outfitted.
Reciprocal rights are available from the Clubs listed below. It is recommended that you contact the club you wish to visit in advance, to confirm their particular reciprocity regulations as well as opening hours and availability. Once arrangements have been made you are required to contact the Downs Club office to issue you and the reciprocal Club a letter of introduction.
- Brisbane Club
- United Services Club
- Tattersall’s Club Qld
- Warwick Club
- Ipswich Club
- North Queensland Club
- Southport Yacht Club
New South Wales
- The Riverine Club
- Tattersall’s Club Sydney
- Athenaeum Club
- The Australian Club
- The Tasmanian Club
- The Launceston Club
- The Naval, Military and Air Force Club of S.A.
- Royal Canadian Yacht Club/Toronto
- Shanghai Racquet Club & Apartments/Shanghai
- Kobe Club/Japan
- Cercle Munster/Luxembourg
- Singapore Recreation Club/Singapore
- Rand Club/Johannesburg
- City University Club/London
- The Cincinnati Athletic Club/Cincinnati
- United Club/Guernsey
Premier Wineries & Wine Makers
The Downs Club Toowoomba also has long and strong links with many of Australia’s premier wineries and wine makers.
After wine tastings and wine dinners at the Club, you may wish to visit these wineries to further sample their products. Contacting the winery prior to your visit will ensure you receive a special level of service during your travels.
Manager Marc Kennedy will advise the contacts at the wineries below, all of which have close relationships with the Downs Club:
- Brockenchack – Barossa Valley, SA
- Elderton – Barossa Valley, SA
- Penfolds – Barossa Valley, SA
- Yalumba – Barossa Valley, SA
- Wolf Blass – Barossa Valley, SA
- Grant Burge – Barossa Valley, SA
- De Bortoli – Yarra Valley, VIC
- Leeuwin Estate – Margaret River, WA
- Jim Barry – Clare Valley, SA
- Tyrrells – Hunter Valley, NSW
- D’Arenberg – McLaren Vale, SA