The Downs Clubs historic stature offers one of the most prestigious memberships in south east Queensland.
There are many categories of membership at the Downs Club including:
- Country - resides and carries on business outside of 100km from the club
- Corporate – with minimum of two corporate members. Normal nomination fee of $550 is waived.
- Life – members who have contributed special services to the club
- Honorary – for governor general, state governors and staff, judges of the courts of Queensland and associates, officers in charge of defence establishments
- Absent – those intending to leave Queensland
- Member in retirement – member for three years and at 65 has retired from work
- Special retired town – member for five years in receipt of full Commonwealth pension
- Over 40 years member
- Junior - less than 35 years of age
|Category||Subscription P.A.||Subscription P.A. + Levy Spend per Quarter OR||Minimum spend per quarter (subscription is waived)|
|Town||$1320.00||$900.00 + $300.00||$1500.00|
|Country||$780.00||$540.00 + $200.00||$900.00|
|Corporate||From $3135.00||From $2035.00 + $1135.00|
Prices above are inclusive of GST
Other category prices upon enquiry. In addition to subscriptions and levies above, an annual development charge of $300 applies to all members for the maintenance and improvement of the historical club building and facilities. In the case of Corporate membership, this fee is for every two members.